What information do we collect?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and may include:
- your name, title and contact details (address, telephone numbers and email address);
- information about your dealings with us or about our services;
- information about your qualifications, professional experience and positions or other matters related to your profile; and
- other personal information you may disclose to us when you contact us or request a service from us, or which is contained in communications between you and us.
How do we collect and hold your personal information?
We usually collect personal information in the following ways:
- Directly from you, either in person, in documents or by email;
- From other members of IWFA (for example, when you are proposed for membership);
- From other chapters of IWF; and
- From publicly available resources.
We hold personal information in hard copy and electronic files.
Why do we collect personal information and what are the consequences of not providing us with the information requested?
Generally, we collect personal information about you for the undertaking of our activities as IWFA, such as considering and registering membership with IWFA, enabling us to communicate to you details of IWFA conferences, events and related IWFA news and updates.
IWFA may share your information with foreign International Women’s Forum chapters (together, IWF), IWFA and IWF committees, sponsors, event partners or event hosts or service providers from time to time, including International Women’s Forum, Inc., for the purpose of considering and registering your membership to IWFA, providing you with access to IWF and IWFA information and sites, inviting you to events or in connection with your registration or attendance at an event, sending you information that might be of interest to you, as well as publishing your details on the IWFA or other IWF websites, in a global membership database or other directories.
We also collect personal information so you can seek employment with us or communicate with us in writing, by e-mail or via telephone.
Our ability to undertake activities for your benefit or to process any application may be adversely affected if you do not give us the requested personal information, or if the information you give us is incomplete or inaccurate.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information primarily to communicate with you in the ordinary course of conducting providing our services. We may also use personal information to:
- provide you with of relevant information of other services that may be of interest to you (including those of IWF);
- connect you with the activities of IWF generally;
- include you in IWF member databases and provide access to IWF sites; and
- inform you of any changes to us or to IWF or to any of the services that we or IWF provides.
If we intend to use your personal information for direct marketing, such as by adding you to a marketing database that is not part of IWF, and you have not already consented to this use, we will notify you and will provide you with an opportunity to opt out.
If you no longer wish to receive our email alerts you may opt out at any time by contacting us on IWFAustralia.Communications@gmail.com.
To whom do we disclose personal information?
We will only disclose personal information for the purpose for which it was collected or in the following circumstances:
- to IWF;
- third party service providers who assist us in delivering our services to IWFA members;
- where required or authorised by law; and
- where you consent or have authorised a third party to the disclosure.
Cross-border disclosure of personal information
We may deal with third parties that have all or part of their operations located overseas. IWFA is also part of IWF globally. As a result, your personal information may be disclosed to a recipient in a foreign country, including but not limited to the USA and other countries where IWF affiliates operate.
How secure and accurate is your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If any of your details change, please let us know as soon as possible by using the contact details below so we can maintain the accuracy of your personal information.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
We seek to ensure that all personal information collected is accurate and complete. You have a right to access personal information we hold about you.
We will comply with any request to access and/or correct your personal information that you send us by email at IWFAustralia.Communications@gmail.com, at our absolute discretion.
How can I contact IWFA?
If you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal information, you can contact us at IWFAustralia.Communications@gmail.com.
We will endeavour to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction.
12 June 2015